Some advice for couples planning their wedding…
Our daily devices that showcase images and ideas of perfect weddings are readily available through glossy magazines, brochures and social media. It can be incredibly helpful and yet extremely overwhelming. The list can be endless, but don’t panic! Below is my “go to list” for confused brides, to prepare you to start making the decisions for your big day.
This is a preparation list of what you need for your wedding day.
- Where will we have the ceremony / church ?
- Where will have the reception ?
Once the two are booked, it’s makes it real.
What to do next….
Set up appointments with at least three of the following…
- Car hire
- Cake / Toasting Glasses
- Church Styling
- Marriage Classes
- Home decor
- Band / Music / Musicians / Singers
- Dancers / Acts
Bridal list –
- Hair Stylist
- Makeup Artist
- Bridal Accessories ( Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Hair Pieces, Rosary, Shoes and Garter )
- Bridal dress / Bridesmaids dresses / Flower girls ( I suggest you go bridal shopping to try on different shapes and designs before making your final decision and contacting a designer )
Buying a dress already made
- Buying a dress in stock, place order is a process that can take anything from 6 weeks to 3 months.
- When buying a dress remember that you can’t change the design or fabric, you can only have alterations made.
Made to measure / design dress
- Book the designer as soon as possible ( at least 10 months in advance. )
- Must have an idea of style, design, shape and colour.
- Ideas of fabric ( lace, sequins, mesh, bling, Tuille etc. )
When choosing your designer, they will assist you with all of the above, but it is best if you have clarification of what you want.
Grooms list –
- Groom suit
- Grooms mens suits ( Shirts, Vest, Hats etc. )
- Accessories ( Shoes, Belts, Suspenders, Boe Ties, Ties, Cuff Links )
This is just the basic list of the essentials for your big day. There will be plenty of appointments made, phone calls made, emails sent prior to you making your decisions. This is just your starting point as there is much much more to do.
With more blogs to come, you will soon be on your way to planning your perfect wedding day.